Friday, November 18, 2011

ePals..

ePals is a great learning space providing various resources and effective ways of learning for K-12 learners  all over the world. It is useful especially for today’s society, which is globalized digitally advanced because anyone can participate in the digital network learning and get information  from each other without paying too much money. To me, the most effective aspect of ePals seems that it is aiming for global community and leads a lot of collaborative classrooms over different countries. By joining a variety of classrooms learners benefit in finding their own interest field in wide learning areas and they communicate with other members. It also provides a map which allows learners to easily find the country they want to learn about and its characteristics as well. In terms of this collaborative learning system, it can  be very useful for language learners. Students can improve their language skills by communicating and exchanging resources via emails or blogs each other and get more insights of different cultural perspectives too. Thus, I would encourage my students to take advantages of finding information or resources they need for their second language learning. Also, I might share my own work and philosophy in teaching, as a teacher, with other teachers who have the same purposes of teaching as me. Such feature of ‘international reading association’ may provide me some good ideas that I can adopt for my own teaching.    

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Both student and teacher collaboration seem to be excellent features of this program.